Come hang out myself, Katie Clancy, and Emily Moore in the wilderness at the 3rd Annual Wild Mountain Spirit Retreat. I am going to be leading singing–there will also be yoga, dance, and taoist meditation, organic food, and great company. Deatails here: http://altaer.org/wild-spirit-mountain-retreat-2013/
CANCER CAUSING INGREDIENTS STILL IN OUR COSMETICS
Here is what we are doing about it: Choosing products that are 100% natural, are totally beneficial and handmade by women whenever possible.
Find out how to get involved at:
Our Beauty at OURBEAUTY.US
OUR BEAUTY DOT US
Dear Genius Friends,
There are so many reasons why this ranks up there as one of my favourite collaborations EVER. Adding culture jamming along with amazing ARTners is sm(art). Also the pie in the picture to the left is of a real pie. I have really talented amazing ARTners.
With a director Kristi Hall, Producer/Designer Michael Kravit, Costumes by Kae Burke, Dress by Alisha Trimble, Apple Geniuses Designers and Social Change Agents: Madelena Mak, Derrick Mead, Scarlet Maressa Rivera, Noah Davis, Geoff, Welland, Alex, Kerry Truth-Boops, Kate Gibson Musicians: Eben Lillie, Aaron Goldsmith, Karl Scholz, Mickey Western and Mason Brown and Cinematography by Justin Lange of Magic Hat Productions, Stills by Sabrina Asch, Casey Noel… Interactive by Tom Leger. Whew…it is an all star collaborator Cast. No Wonder I am so HOT FOR GENIUSES! (((FULL AMAZING LIST OF COLLABORATORS, with proper titles HERE)))
Sing Along!? Plan your own creative musical flash mob intervention?!
Watch the video by clicking on the image:
Voting on Flatbush Ave on November 4th, 2008 took 5 hours and was worth every second. Here is a lovely short film made by Clark Clark memorializing the day:
This is an assignment focused on my Dad. He & my Mom were the most steady care takers of Crackers, my 23 year old parrot. The week prior to her death she was doing our Family Whistle. You know the one that your parents do when they are looking for you in the store.
FOR A SIDE BY SIDE EXPANDED VIEW CLICK ON BOTH BELOW:
Hello to my Fellow Lawfully Abiding Citizens,
I am so excited to share an incarnation of a musical number called “GET ME OFFicer” a funny, sad, dark and twisted satirical musical theatre excerpt of the show: 99% the musical at a popular monthly variety show at he Oakland Metropolitan Opera House called Tourettes with Out Regrets! RSVP NOW and come down to check it out!
I sing a love song to an Officer of the Law asking him to be natural with me and feel comfortable torturing and abusing my rights. The more he invades my personal space and takes away my civil liberties the more I want to speed through red lights and topple over police barricades. It’s cheeky, fun, silly, and sad. In the Broadway production the number features a line of of Riot Cops in full on Riot Cop Gear. In the Thursday, June 7th version Isaac Rodriguez (your local Bay Area doorman extraordinare) will comedically pay homage to the OPD by putting on a badge and swinging around a huge costume nightstick.
The musical accompaniment is a mash up variety of “The Guns of Brixton” cover by Novelle Vague remixed by amazing dj, Seek Selekta Check out his original jams too they are spicy: http://soundcloud.com/seek-selekta
My costume is by Kaytee Papusza whose amazing creations include a dead bird line. Witness her collection at: http://www.papuszacouture.com/
FYI as I am putting the finishing touches on my attire I found these:
“Adult entertainment” means any exhibition, performance, or dance which is not obscene and:
1. Where such exhibition, performance, or dance involves a person who is unclothed or in such costume, attire, or clothing as to expose any portion of the female breast below the top of the areola or any portion of the pubic region, anus, buttocks, vulva or genitals, or wearing any device or covering exposed to view which simulates the appearance of any portion of the female breast below the top of the areola or any portion of the pubic region, anus, buttocks, vulva or genitals, or human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state, even if completely and opaquely covered; or
2. Where such exhibition, performance or dance is distinguished or characterized by a predominant emphasis on the depiction, description, simulation or relation to the following specified sexual activities:
a. Human genitals in a state of sexual stimulation or arousal,
b. Acts of human masturbation, sexual intercourse or sodomy, or
c. Fondling or other erotic touching of human genitals, pubic region, buttocks or female breasts; or
3. Which is intended to sexually stimulate any member of the public and which is conducted on a regular basis or as a substantial part of the activity on the premises. This includes, but is not limited to, any such exhibition, performance or dance performed for, arranged with, or engaged in with fewer than all members of the public on the premises at that time, and which is commonly referred to as table dancing, couch dancing, lap dancing, private dancing and straddle dancing.
4. This term shall not be construed to include:
a. Plays, operas, musicals, or other dramatic works; or
b. Classes, seminars and lectures which are held for serious scientific or educational purposes.
Whew! So I am going to be totally legal when I reveal what the officer really wants…..my organic vegan donuts from Pepples Donut Farm on 6037 San Pablo Avenue.
As you probably know by now, I am obsessed with Bicycles. I think that they are the absolute best way to get around. In 2009 I co-Founded, Band of Bicycles with Rock the Bike to bring off-the-grid-human powered stages to Central Park Earth Day. Now I co-host Bike Salon Radio Show, which encourages women to be fully mobile via bicycle in the Bay Area I roll with Berkeley based, Rock the Bike, frequently.
We had an awesome time last weekend on the 4th Annual Maker’s Faire Social Ride from Dolores Park to the San Mateo Maker’s Faire where Rock the Bike hosted a pedal powered stage with amazing line ups of music throughout the Maker Faire.
I have always been interested in melding interdiciplinary performance that is in line with my values. I was having a full on bikegasm as I sang from the branches of el arbol in a steel hoop at the Maker’s Faire.
el Arbol is a tall bike that powers speakers in it’s trunk and has an aerial rig it is totally amazing! I am interested in growing in my abilities as a bike touring aerial songstress and this summer and inspiring others to sing from their he(art)s as we soar from new heights and invest in sustainable futures.
There will be human powered stages at 4 festivals (SF Bicycle Music Festival, Trinity Tribal Stomp, Arcata Music Festival, Gaia Festival) this summer where I can stretch my wings and I am looking for p(ARTNERS)!
* An awesome wireless mic with an in ear monitor and transmitter
* A multi-channel mobile sound recorder with awesome mics
* Bicycle Touring Equipment
So excited to make this dream a reality!